Anthracite, commonly known as white coal or red coal, is a hard, dense and high gloss coal mine variety, and is the coal with the largest degree of coalification.
Anthracite has a high fixed carbon content, generally above 90%; Low volatile content, below 10%, high density, high hardness, high ignition point, no smoke and coke during combustion; Black hard, with metallic luster; Friction with grease will not cause pollution, and the fracture will be in shell shape. The flame will be short and less smoke during combustion; Generally, the carbon content is above 90% and the volatile matter is below 10%; Thickness of non colloidal layer; The calorific value is about 6000-6500 kcal / kg; Sometimes it is called semi anthracite if the content of volatile matter is too large, and high anthracite if the content is too small.
Among all coal varieties, anthracite has the highest carbon content and the lowest impurity content, although its calorific value is low.
Classification of anthracite:
1. Anthracite No. 1 (old anthracite): the highest degree of metamorphism, the highest carbon content, the lowest hydrogen content, the lowest calorific value, the worst grindability, and the internal water is significantly higher than anthracite No. 2 and anthracite No. 3. It is mainly distributed in Beijing mining area.
2. Anthracite No. 2 (typical anthracite): the lump coal has generally high crushing strength, good thermal stability, volatile content of 3.5% – 6.5%, and high hydrogen content. The grindability of coal is better than anthracite No. 1, but lower than anthracite No. 3. It is mainly distributed in Jincheng, Shanxi and Jiaozuo, Henan.
3. Anthracite No. 3 (young anthracite): it has the lowest degree of metamorphism, higher volatile matter, calorific value and hydrogen content than anthracite No. 2, higher reactivity, better grindability and lower ignition point. It is mainly distributed in Yangquan, Shanxi and Yongcheng, Henan.
Application of anthracite:
1. Anthracite can reliably improve the removal capacity of suspended particles due to its good solid particle retention capacity. Anthracite filter material is a filter material for water treatment industry. It is selected from anthracite in deep well minerals and has the highest carbon content percentage. Anthracite filter material adopts manual classification, which can reduce irrelevant minerals and reduce ash content. After filtration and washing, it is suitable for water filtration. It is generally divided into standard anthracite filter material and TJP anthracite filter material.
2. Anthracite block coal is mainly used in chemical fertilizer (nitrogen fertilizer, synthetic ammonia), ceramics, manufacturing and Forging Industries; Anthracite powder coal is mainly used in the metallurgical industry for blast furnace injection (the coal used for blast furnace injection mainly includes anthracite, lean coal, lean coal and gas coal). Compared with bituminous coal, anthracite has lower volatilization, so a relatively large decomposing furnace is required to obtain the same raw meal decomposition rate and the same degree of coal burnout, or a higher operating temperature is required, or the anthracite is ground finer.
3. Anthracite with low ash and low sulfur and good grindability can be used to manufacture various carbon materials, such as carbon electrode, carbon block, anode paste, activated carbon and carburizing agent.
There are six anthracite bases in China: Beijing Jingmei group, Jincheng coal industry group, Jiaozuo coal industry group, Henan Yongcheng mining area, Shenhua Ningmei group and Yangquan coal industry group.