The main component of the raw material of the electrode paste is carbon. Carbon has the following properties, so it can be called the main raw material for making electrode paste.
1. Withstand the high temperature necessary for industrial technology;
2. The oxide is a gas;
3. Good electrical conductivity;
4. Difficult to reflect with many chemical substances.
There are two types of raw materials used in the manufacture of electrode paste:
1. Solid carbon raw materials (anthracite, petroleum coke, artificial graphite, etc.).
2. Binder (asphalt and coal tar).
It should be pointed out here that the raw material used as a binder should be able to turn into a strong coke after roasting, which will cause coking to form a self-burning motor as a whole.